|Two-night (Friday to Sunday, Wednesday to Friday)||$1,850||$1,155|
|Three-night (Sunday to Wednesday)||$2,500||$1,550|
|Four-night (Wednesday to Sunday)||$3,250||$1,900|
|Five-night (Sunday to Friday, Friday to Wednesday)||$3,975||$2,335|
|Seven-night (starting Friday, Sunday, or Wednesday)||$4,725||$2,995|
2018 New Moon dates:
- January 16, 2018
- February 15, 2018
- March 17, 2018
- April 15, 2018
- Flightseeing charter Yellowknife - Blachford - Yellowknife
- Lodge or cabin accommodation
- Welcome orientation
- All meals
- All snacks
- Coffee, tea, juice
- Use of hot tub and sauna
- Handicraft workshop in the lodge
- Igloo/Quinzhee building (condition dependant)
- Introduction and hints about aurora photography
- Use of Lodge Facilities: Dining room, Aurora lounge, fireplaces, northern library, bathrooms with showers, basins and toilets, hot tub, sauna, open decks
- Use of seasonal equipment (cross country skis, snowshoes, groomed 2-6k trails, fat tire bikes, firepits, ice fishing gear)
- Two hour interperative experience each day
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Snowmobile tours
- Alcoholic beverages
- Snowmobile tours (available - just ask!)
- Pre/post nights in Yellowknife
- Flights from your home city to/from Yellowknife
- Airport transfers in Yellowknife
- Winter clothing rental (available - just ask!)
|Winter Gear Rental|
|Down parka, insulated snow pants, felt-duffle-lined boots, and lined mitts.|
|Includes delivery of gear to bush plane departure location, fitting, and pick up from bush plane arrival location.|
|Full package per person||3 days/2 nights||$135|
|Full package per person||Each additional day||$40|
|One item (parka or pants or boots) per person||Per day||$20|
|Hotel delivery/pick-up per group/family||Each way||$25|
Guided Snowmobile Tours:
|Guided Snowmobile Tours|
|1) Taste of Touring (2 hrs)||$140|
|2) Whiteman Loop (2 hrs)||$200|
|3) Whiteman Trail and Historic Cadieux Cabin Cookout (3 hrs)||$275|
|4) Traditional Dene Net Fishing (3 hrs)||$275|
|5) Ice Pressure Ridges on Great Slave Lake (3 hrs)||$300|
|6) Watta Lake - Historic Cabins (6 hrs)||$475|
|7) Ice and Exploration - The Ultimate Great Slave Circular Tour (8 hrs)||$635|
|8) Overnight Snowmobile Tour (per day)||$825|
Include: guide, helmet with visor or goggles, gas and oil, operating instructions.
Snowmobiling to Blachford
Are you a local Yellowknife resident and/or friend of one (or adventurous guest!), and wish to travel to Blachford on your own or rental snowmachine? Please contact our office for availability and current rates.
NotesFishing licenses have to be purchased in Yellowknife, prior to departure to Blachford Lake Lodge. For more information and to obtain your license please click HERE.
- All rates are per person and are quoted in Canadian dollars. Please add 5% goods and services tax and 10% gratuities.
- The prices include return airfare if our Friday, Sunday, or Wednesday flight schedule is used. Additional charges apply if flying on a non-scheduled day. Rates on request.
- Single supplement requests (private, single occupancy) add 25% to the package rate.
- Seasonal guiding, $50/hour, please contact the office for other rental / trip rates.
Weather conditions could delay air charter departures. Blachford Lake Lodge will do its utmost to accommodate clients. However, weather conditions are beyond our control and therefore we cannot be responsible for additional costs incurred by guests.
Please be aware that the Aurora does not appear every night, even when the sky is clear, and it also cannot be seen through cloud. We cannot therefore guarantee Aurora sightings at any time, including on New Moon Aurora dates.
We have a traditional tent frame (plywood floor and sides with canvas/ tarp top) set up on Grace Lake - adjoining Blachford. Wood stove provides heat and gas lamps for light. Outdoor toilet. Basin water for washing. Guide would sleep in adjoining tent frame. This is our main base for winter overnights and for those seeking another level of winter adventure. One or a combination of our snowmobile routes can be combined to include the Grace Lake tent frame overnight option for one or more nights, returning later to the comforts of the lodge at Blachford.
- A deposit of 1/3 the total price is required to confirm your booking.
- A deposit of 1/2 the total price is required to confirm a booking for groups of 8 or more.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard and cash payment.
- Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival date.
- Deposit is refundable until 45 days prior to arrival, except for an administration fee of 10% of the deposit.
- 44-15 days prior to arrival – deposit and 50% of balance is non refundable.
- 14-0 days prior to arrival 100% is non refundable.